Skip to main content
- Many manufacturers use software solutions to specify only their own products. But, ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions Americas took a different route. Leveraging Openings Studio, ASSA ABLOY is able to produce specifications with not just their products, but ones that meet the needs of their customers.
- Listening to our customers is something we – and I - take very seriously. With more than a decade of working on this software solution, we’ve learned a lot from your input. Your feedback has taught us so much, and helped us to improve it along the way.
- Working with doors in Autodesk® Revit® can be a daunting task. In-between selecting what doors to use, deciding their functions, and placing them in the model, there are also the technical BIM aspects of setting up the door schedule. Making sure it is fully populated with accurate parameter values, sorted, and filtered in the way you like can often be a time consuming and detail-oriented task — where mistakes can lead to cascading and costly change orders. Luckily, Revit has great tools to structure and organize your work when it involves doors.
- Creating openings and reviewing door schedules can be a headache for any architect or designer. After all, in most design projects, there is no straight way to document the order of doors. See how creating unique door marks can help you manage your openings - and your projects.
- Although 2020 is now a few weeks behind us, we wanted to take a moment to say thanks to our partners, developers and supporters for ongoing feedback and working with us on continuous improvements. For more than ten years, you have cheered us on and as a result we have an outstanding platform. We are fortunate to be a part of such an incredible international design/build community.
Everyone wants and needs access to information - now more than ever. But, how do you manage that? Brian Cornwell of ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions Australia, Morten Daniel Kynell, BIM Development Manager EMEA and Melissa Megna of ASSA ABLOY talk about how they manage support and training that transcends geographical spaces. Check out the Doorway to BIM podcast below, or read about support systems.
Industry veterans talk about the challenges and rewards of shifting to remote working. Morten Daniel Kynell, Vinu Eipe, Erin Benn and Tommy Chen discuss how they've shifted to working from home and on the go. Available now on the Doorway to BIM podcast. Listen now!
- Facility managers have a difficult set of responsibilities to keep track of, with ongoing building maintenance and cost savings being at the forefront of their concerns.