For a PDF version of the End User License Agreement, click here.
The End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is for the use of software and
data associated with the Openings Studio™ application. This EULA is made
between ASSA ABLOY and activated End-User of said software.
Whereas, ASSA ABLOY represents that ASSA ABLOY is the sole and exclusive developer of the Openings
Studio™ (“AAOS”) software application, and if applicable, agrees to be bound by the
terms of any executed Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement (NDA) between the End-User,
their firm, and its affiliates and subsidiaries with ASSA ABLOY.
Whereas, End-User agrees to license the Openings Studio software application pursuant to the terms
and conditions of this agreement, and, if applicable, to be bound by the terms of any executed Non-
Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement (NDA) between ASSA ABLOY and End-User, their firms, and
its affiliates and subsidiaries.
This software is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either expressed, implied, or
statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty that the software will conform to specifications,
any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from infringement,
and any warranty that the documentation will conform to the program, or any warranty that the
software will be error free whether or not the error is discoverable.
In no event shall ASSA ABLOY be liable for any damages, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect,
special or consequential damages arising out of, resulting from, or in any way connected with this
software, whether or not based upon warranty, contract, tort or otherwise, whether or not damages
are based on a third party claim, whether or not injury was sustained by persons or property or
otherwise, and whether or not loss was sustained from, or arose out of the results of, or use of the
software or services provided hereunder.
ASSA ABLOY provides only guidance to the End-User and should not be utilized as a definitive source of
information or calculations, specifically as related to the following:
• Product Application or Compatibility
• Product Pricing
• Product Availability
• Product Specifications
• Product Marketing or Technical Information
• Product 3D or Building Information Modeling
• Product Structural or Thermal Analysis
• Product Drawings or CAD Details
End-User is responsible for the validity of all models and data generated within, and exported from,
the Openings Studio™ application. While the integrity of the data provided by Openings Studio™ is
routinely verified it is possible for the following to occur:
• Modeling errors generated by Openings Studio™ due to incorrect or insufficient data.
• Modeling or data transmission errors due to electronic network connectivity issues.
• Missing, incorrect or dated product information.
• Modifications to Openings Studio™ generated models outside of or within the End-
User’s building information modeling application.
As such the End-User retains responsibility for verifying information and output generated by
The End-User agrees that the Openings Studio™ software application and the technical data
accompanying the software belongs to ASSA ABLOY at all time. The undersigned acknowledges that
it acquires no ownership interest in the Openings Studio™ software application or any technical data
accompanying the software under this EULA or by virtue of its participation in any activities permitted
under this EULA.
The undersigned is receiving no rights to make derivative works in conjunction with this EULA, with
the exception that the End-User is allowed to use the application for derivative works associated with
the design of buildings or structures, or any other derivative works that may be produced as a result of
the End-User providing customary architectural or engineering services.
ASSA ABLOY retains the right to query and retain information related to End-User projects analyzed
via the Openings Studio™ application, and agrees to maintain the strict confidentiality of the
information, data, and materials provided by, and received from, the End-User.
A copy of the Autodesk Revit® project file (.RVT) is not transmitted or stored during the Analyze
process. Retained information collected during the analysis process includes the following data used
solely in the preparation of door and hardware specification documents:
• 3D geometry related to host Walls/Floors/Doors contained in the model file in the form
of vertex positions and colors.
• Door Family Type and Instance parameters and associated data.
• Wall parameter subsets and associated data for walls containing door openings.
• Project Name information for the analyzed model.
• Shared coordinates from Linked Models (if applicable).
• Location/Bounds/Name/Number for rooms.
• 2D geometry for Floor Plans, as selected by User for analysis.
• Images (PNG) of sheet views, as selected by User for analysis.
• Text contents of Schedules, as selected by User for analysis.
• Other files, as uploaded by User during analysis.
• Assigned User profile of the person conducting analysis.
• Other selections made by the User in the Analyze Wizard.
• Products selected in the product selector.
• Downloadable specification document deliverables prepared for the project.
The design concepts or visual imagery specific to the physical geometries of the project shall be
considered proprietary to the designing entity and not subject to this provision.
Information and data collected by ASSA ABLOY in conjunction with usage of the software is not
shared, transmitted, sold, or provided to individuals or entities outside of ASSA ABLOY. The Openings
Studio™ software application is intended for use within the building design, engineering, and
construction industry by licensed architects, engineers, contractors, product suppliers, and facility
owners, and should not be used in lieu of advice from licensed professionals.