Analyze process with linked models
The Analyze process extracts information from Revit® into Openings Studio™, including PDF drawings, 3D building view, floor plan views, door schedules, and openings with associated parameters from the 3D model. These parameters are used to specify doors, frames, and hardware.
Use this procedure for linked models.
Note: For single models or multiple models requiring separate specifications, follow the Analyze process for each model.
To analyze a linked model, follow the steps below.
1. Open the project in Revit®.
2. Verify the information in the Revit® Project Information Screen, Get started - analyze project checklist.
3. Select Analyze from the Openings Studio™ tab on the Revit® Ribbon.
4. The Analyze Wizard will display. To move from one tab to another, click Next at the bottom of the screen.
If the current Revit® model contains linked models, these will be listed. Select any linked models that contain scheduled doors. Click Next.
Select all doors and walls from each phase that are part of the Revit® model and door schedule. Click Next.
- Select Existing Walls if there are new doors located in existing walls.
- Select Existing Doors if they will be modified with new hardware.
If the Revit® model contains design options, they will be listed here. Select any design options that contain doors that need hardware sets. Primary is selected by default. Click Next.
Select plan views to be analyzed. Plan views do not need to have door tags. Click Next.
Browse and select any files to be included, e.g. floor plans, door schedules, door and frame elevations, life safety, and security plans. Click Next.
Note: Please upload any PDFs of the floor plans (overall and area plans), door schedule, door elevations, and life safety drawings. If they are not ready, send them to your ASSA ABLOY Consultant when they are available. These are necessary for the specification writers to proceed. If no files are selected, a reminder prompt will display.
Select relevant door schedules. Click Next.
Add additional project information. Click Next.
Click the Analyze button to being the process. Revit® will be unresponsive during this process.
5. If the project has been previously analyzed, Openings Studio™ may open a window to compare current selections with previous selections. If current selections are correct, click on the Continue button. To change the selections, click on Reselect.
This can also happen if the same project number has been used for multiple projects analyzed separately. Refer to Get started - analyze project checklist.
6. The Analyze process will begin.
Note: Analyze time may vary depending on the size of the project. Click on Show Details see a visualization of the process.
7. When Analyze is complete, the Openings Studio™ interface will display and the project will open automatically. A confirmation will also be sent to both the architect and the ASSA ABLOY consultant.