Export (Send) to Revit® - parameters only
Once the project is completed in Openings Studio™, the information can be exported from Openings Studio™ and imported back into Revit®. This process describes exporting openings parameters only. It does not modify the Revit® door family geometry or model. To replace the Current Revit® family with the Revised Openings Studio™ family, including the model, geometry, and parameters, follow the instructions for Export (Send) to Revit® - complete model, geometry and parameters.
Note: All users should sync the model and avoid making door edits during the export process.
1. Open the project in Revit®.
2. From the Openings Studio™ toolbar, click on the Import icon.
3. The project will open in Openings Studio™.
4. The Openings screen will display. In the Door & Frame Schedule, hover over the Export Icon and select Export to Revit®.
5. The yellow and green check marks in the Export Column indicate the export method. By default, all doors are selected with the Yellow Check, openings parameters only.
6. The Export Wizard has 3 tabs, Opening Selections, Export Options and Export to Revit®. Click on Continue to navigate through the tabs. Once each tab has been completed, the tab will turn green. If there is missing information, the tab will turn red.
This displays the number of openings to be exported. To make a change, click on the Change Selections Button. Click Next to continue.
NOTE: If there are linked models, there will be an option to select models to export.
Select export options
Select desired options.
Create Revit® Door Schedule
Automatically create a Revit® door schedule using Openings Studio™ shared parameters. This feature is best used early on the design process, preferably as early as the Design Development Phase. However, it is not recommended for projects that already have a complete, or nearly complete, door schedule. All information in the schedule needs to be verified for accuracy.
Create Hardware Set Sheet
Automatically create a Revit® sheet with hardware sets placed on it. Sheets may require title block updates, renumbering, font changes, etc. to follow firm/project standards. The text is not “smart” text and will need to be updated if there are changes to the sets.
If there are doors in other models, select this option to add the sets for all of the doors. This option is also useful if the specification writer has created a miscellaneous set that is not assigned to a door but is included in the specification.
Select the parameters to be exported
Click on Parameters.
Select a template. Shared HW Set or Project HW set are recommended.
If Select Parameters is not opened before clicking Next, the parameter options window will display. It will show the current parameter selections. Click Change Selections to edit parameter selections. Click Accept to keep the current selections and continue to Export.
Export to Revit®
Accept the terms and conditions, Click Export.
7. Once the export is complete, a message will display. Click Ok.
8. Click on the Import Icon the Openings Studio™ toolbar in Revit®.
9. Revit® will begin the import process.
10. If any of the doors could not be updated, an Update Log will display containing a list of those openings. Typically, this message appears when the door has been deleted from the project.
View hardware in the Door Schedule in Revit®
1. Open the door schedule in Revit® in the Edit mode.
2. Click Edit next to the Fields option in the Properties Window.
3. The Schedule Properties window will display.
4. Select AAOS Shared HW Set or AAOS Project HW Set under available fields.
5. Click the Add button to move the AAOS Shared HW Set parameter to the Scheduled Fields.
6. Click OK to update the door schedule.
7. The parameter columns can be renamed if desired.
8. Review for any missing information.
9. Repeat these steps for additional door schedules in the Revit® project.