How can I get an Excel door schedule from Revit?
How can I get an Excel door schedule from Revit®?
1. Open the door schedule in Revit®.
2. Click in the active schedule and not the sheet.
3. Then click on the Revit® file menu (the big R), select Export, Reports,Schedule.
4. Choose where to save the file. It will export as a text (.txt) file.
5. Selecting the default options.
6. Open Excel, then click on Open.
7. Switch the file type to Text Files and navigate to the saved file (step 4) and open it.
8. Opening the text file in Excel will prompt a dialog box.
9. Accept the defaults by clicking "Finish".
10. Now the door schedule is in Excel.
11. Saved As an Excel document (.xlsx) to keep it in the correct format going forward.